Your Activities Chart must include each of (and only) the following three categories in the format shown below:
- School Activities - Category A
- Volunteer Activities (Community/Family) - Category B
- Paid Work History - Category C
See the sample Activities Chart, below.
- You must have at least one activity from each category (A, B, and C). If you do not have any activities for one of the categories, certify that you have no activity for that category.
- Each activity must include:
- The activity category (A, B, or C)
- A short title for the activity
- Dates From: month and year of when you first began that activity
- Dates To: either use 'To present' if you are currently doing this activity, or
enter month and year when you last did that activity
- Time Spent—number of hours per week or month and total hours; give your best estimate (for paper applicants: don’t say "varied")
- A short description of the responsibilities and/or accomplishments associated with the activity (up to 115 characters)
- Be brief. Pinpoint activities where you showed leadership, decision-making, and organizational skills, and areas where you received special recognition.
- Be sure that your activities are categorized
- There is a limit of 20 activities.
- To add an activity, click on the 'Add New Activity
to List' button.
- Select the activity category.
- Add a short title for the activity.
- Date From: month and year of when you first began that activity.
- Date To: either check 'To present' if you are currently doing this activity, or
enter month and year when you last did that activity.
- Time spent: hours per unit (select the unit from the dropdown list), and total hours.
- A short description of the responsibilities and/or accomplishments for that activity
(up to 115 characters).
- Click on the 'Add this activity' button and the activity will be added to your list,
or click on the 'Cancel' button and the activity is not added.
- To update an activity in the list, click on the 'Edit' link by
the activity. Make the changes and click on the 'Update this activity' button,
or click on the 'Cancel Update' button to cancel the update of the activity.
- To delete an activity in the list, click on the 'Delete' link by
the activity. Confirm the deletion, or click on the 'Cancel Delete' button
to cancel the deletion of the activity.
- To get activity data from your Oregon Career Information Systems (CIS) Career
Planning Portfolio, click on the 'Import CIS Activities' button. See more detailed information in the next section below ('Career Information System Activities Chart Import to App').
- To go to the Scholarship App Home page, click on the 'App Home' icon.
- To continue to the Personal Statements, click on the 'Continue'
- To go back to your scholarship list, click on the 'Previous'
- Submit your Activities Chart by the March 1, scholarship deadline by submitting
your Scholarship App. If you have more than 20 activities,
or all data for
each activity is not supplied, or you do not have at least one activity for each
of the 3 categories, you will not be able to submit your Scholarship App.
Career Information System Activities Chart Import to Scholarship App
- If you already have a login to Oregon Career Information System (CIS) Career Planning Portfolio, you can import your work history and activities from your Career Planning Portfolio into the Scholarship App Activities Chart.
- To get activity data from your CIS Career
Planning Portfolio, click on the 'Import CIS Activities' button.
- If the import is successful, a screen with display with the number of activities imported, and a list of the differences between the CIS activity list and the Scholarship App Activities Chart.
- These are the differences between the CIS activity list and the Scholarship App Activities Chart:
- Scholarship App limits the activity description to 115 characters, so anything over 115 characters has been truncated. Make sure that the activity description accurately reflects the entire activity.
- Scholarship App accepts up to 20 activities (you will not be able to submit your Scholarship App with more than 20 activities). If you have over 20 activities:
- delete the less important activities
- combine one activity with another (add the time spent and hours, and combine the title and description)
- awards, talents, or interests might be listed separately in your Career Planning Portfolio; combine these with a specific activity (e.g. "Volunteer of the Month" award for library service added to the description of the activity for library volunteer service).
- Scholarship App requires at least one activity from the 3 activity categories:
If you do not have any activities for one of the categories, certify that you have no activity for that category.
- School Activities
- Volunteer Activities (Community/Family)
- Paid Work History
Scholarship App requires all fields for an activity to be complete. Not all fields are required in your Career Planning Portfolio (e.g., total hours). Scholarship App sets these activities to the default values (e.g., 0 hours). Make sure that all activities are complete (with an activity title, dates, hours, and responsibilities/accomplishments).
- If Scholarship App does not recognize the number of hours per week or month or the total hours as a number, it substitutes a 0 (zero). Make sure that all hour numbers are correct.
- Be sure that your activities are categorized correctly. Note that any talent, interest, or awards are placed in category A (School Activities). If these are not school related, then change the entry to be in category B (Volunteer Activities: community/family).
- After importing, you may have to edit your OSAC Activities Chart so you have no more than 20 activities,
so you have at least one activity from each category, and so all activities have
the required data.
Oregon Student Access Commission
1500 Valley River Drive, Suite 100, Eugene, OR 97401
© Copyright 2001 by OSAC, all rights reserved.