After You Submit Your Application
Scholarship Review and Awarding
- Print a copy of your application.
- Check the status of your application. To verify whether OSAC received your application, log-in to your Student Profile with your user name and password to check your application status. You will see the message “Review pending”, “Valid Scholarship App Accepted”, or “App Problem”.
- If you see “App Problem”, take action to correct it by the deadline indicated in your status message.
- Keep logging back into Scholarship App at least weekly to check the status of OSAC’s processing of your application, OSAC alerts, and your award notifications.
- Notify OSAC of any changes to your current address, phone numbers, e-mail address, college major, and college choice. Complete the update form in your Student Profile.
- Check Your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). Make sure it has no reject codes. If it does, make corrections to your FAFSA as soon as possible, preferably by March 15.
- Follow OSAC on Twitter.com/OSAC. Receive important alerts, notifications, and reminders about your scholarship application.
- Apply next year. If you plan to apply again next year, you can use your current application to refresh or update your application. The OSAC scholarship listing for the following year will be online next fall. To apply, just use your Scholarship App user name and password and follow the instructions for refreshing or updating your current application. If you forget your Scholarship App user name and password, go to the Logon to your OSAC Student Profile link and click the “Forgot User name …” button.
- Applications are reviewed and processed by the Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC) after submission. Applications received by February 16 will receive an early review. You are responsible for checking your Student Profile frequently for a Scholarship App status message (Review Pending, Valid Scholarship App Accepted, or Scholarship App Problem). If it says "App Problem", you have until March 1 to submit corrections. Error-free applications will be entered to win a $500 Early Bird scholarship.
- An applicant pool is developed for each scholarship program based on individual scholarship program criteria and information received from you.
- Recipients are selected by donors or their representatives. Additional information and/or interviews may be requested by selection committees.
- Recipients are notified of their scholarship award by e-mail, text message, or in their Student Profile. Awards are named from May 1 through August 15.
- If you filed an App, log in to your Student Profile and check the status of your scholarships to see if you were awarded a scholarship. You must accept or decline the award by the response deadline date.
Oregon Student Access Commission
1500 Valley River Drive, Suite 100, Eugene, OR 97401
© Copyright 2001 by OSAC, all rights reserved.